Country Fair Children’s Events
FRIDAY AUGUST 19th
What is Frog Jumping?!
Step One: catch your frogs! Keep them in a secure bucket to bring them to the fair.
Step Two: Register at the Pet Show. You’ll be added to a heat and given your yarn tag for your frog.
Step Three: Tie your yarn onto the leg of your frog. This is a two person job!
Step Four: When it’s your heat, bring your frog up to be placed in the coffee can in the centre of the board.
Step Five: When the can is lifted, cheer on your frog! The first one to hop out of the circle is the winner.
The Winner of each heat will advance to the final Championship Round. So make sure you catch your frog as it hops out.
Tips for Success (from the 1993 Champion winner)
- Make sure you put air holes in your bucket
- Big frogs jump further, but little frogs jump more – its a toss up!
- Bring an adult helper – frogs are slippery
- Afterwards, take the yarn off your frog before releasing it
Heat winner – $2
Grand Champion – $20
Pet Show – It’s so easy to enter!
- Plan what event(s) you want to enter
- Get your pet set
- Arrive at the fair
- Registion happens just before events begin
- Enter and Enjoy
REGISTRATION FOR PET SHOW BEGINS AT 5pm FRIDAY
1. Longest ears dog
2. largest dog
3. Smallest dog
4. Most tricks dog
5. Sit the longest dog
6. Longest tail
1. Biggest cat
2. Cat with most unusual colouring
3. Smallest kitten
4. Longest tail
3. Longest ears
Frog jumping contest
1. Youngest exhibitor in pet show
2. Best dressed owner and pet as a childrens fairytale/movie/ nursery rhyme
3. Most unusual pet
SATURDAY AUGUST 20th
Country fair games
1. Egg toss
2. Hammer nail
3. Pie eating
4. Kick the shoe
5. Running races
6. Three legged race
7. Sack race
8. Wheel barrow race
9. Bubble gum blow
Age categories for country fair games