Saturday – 10 a.m. – Main Ring – All Breeds Show
Please register online prior to the fair at http://www.parhamfair.ca. Click on the entry form link under Events–> Cattle Show. ENTRY FORM 2019
- All stock to be properly secured and not allowed to run at large.
- As the object of the Society in giving prizes on livestock is to promote improvements in breeding stock, the judges, in making awards will be instructed not to take into consideration the present value of the butcher of the animal exhibited, but to decide according to their relative merit for the purpose of breeding.
- Officers and Directors are requested to remove their badges while exhibiting stock.
- No animal, unless having one pure cross from purebred pedigree, can be entered as a grade.
- Registration papers for all “Purebred Stock” must accompany Exhibitor and be produced on request by the Judge.
- Directors request all stock awarded a prize to form a parade in front of the Grand Stand with the prize ribbon.
- Proof of Liability Insurance on all animals must be shown.
- Exhibitors will become members of the Society, $10 fee.
❶ $20 ❷ $15 ❸ $10 ❹ $7
CLASS D – CATTLE – BEEF
- Bull Calf born in 2019
- Bull Yearling born in 2018.
- Grand Champion Male and Reserve Grand Champion Male (RIBBONS ONLY)
- (1st and 2nd placing from Sections 1 and 2)
- Heifer born in 2019.
- Junior Yearling from April 1 to December 31, 2018
- Senior Yearling from January 1 to March 31, 2018
- Female born between January 2016 and December 2017 with 2019 calf at her side.
- Female born before January 2017 with 2019 calf at her side.
- Grand Champion female and Reserve Grand Champion Female (RIBBONS ONLY)
- (1st and 2nd Placing from Sections 4,5,6,7, and 8)
- Breeders Herd – a group of 4 (both sexes represented)
- Future Prospect Steer born 2018.
- Person exhibiting the largest number of cattle on show day. – $25.00
CLASS E – CATTLE – DAIRY
- Junior dairy heifer (any breed).
- Calf born March 1, 2019 until fair date.
- Calf born December 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
- Calf born September 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018.
- Calf born June 1, 2018 to August 31, 2018.
- Calf born March 1, 2018 to May 31, 2018.
- Intermediate Dairy heifer born December 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 (any breed).
- Senior Dairy heifer born September 1, 2017 to November 30, 2017.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand
Champion Dairy heifer (RIBBONS ONLY)
(1st and 2nd placing from Sections 1a-1e, 2, and 3)
- Group of Three (RIBBONS ONLY)
- Person Exhibiting the Largest number of Dairy Cattle on Show Day. – $25.00
CLASS F – JUNIOR CATTLE SHOW
Showmanship Age Categories as of January 1st 2019
Novice Junior Intermediate Senior
9-11 12-14 15-17 18-21
- Novice Beef Showmanship
- Junior Beef Showmanship
- Intermediate Beef Showmanship
- Senior Beef Showmanship
- Champion & Reserve Beef Showmanship – RIBBONS ONLY – 1st and 2nd Placing from Sections 1,2,3,4
- Novice Dairy Showmanship
- Junior Dairy Showmanship
- Intermediate Dairy Showmanship
- Senior Dairy Showmanship
- Champion & Reserve Dairy Showmanship – RIBBONS ONLY – 1st and 2nd Placing from Sections 6,7,8,9
- Grand Champion & Reserve Grand Champion Showmanship – RIBBONS ONLY
- Old Timers Showmanship – RIBBONS ONLY – OPEN
- Future Farmers (under 9 years of age) $5